Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Productivity Tech Tip # 1: Dropbox

dropboxMost of us in full time ministry have more than one computer.  In fact, we will have a computer at the office, one at home, and maybe a notebook computer, iPad, iPhone, Android or Blackberry Smartphones.  Wouldn’t it be great to have files that would sync and be accessible from all of these devices? 

I discovered Dropbox over a year ago.  I have thrown just about everything at it and it works easily and flawlessly.  It is installed on every electronic device I use (completely a cross-platform program).  The last two courses I have written I kept in Dropbox.  I have two current books on it and all my sermon notes dating all the way back to 2001!  They are always available if I am at the office, home or on the road.

Another great thing about Dropbox is that an account with 2 GIG is FREE.  I have all this information on it in Word (several thousand files) and I am only using 5% of my space.  Larger space is available for a nominal monthly fee.

If this sounds like something you would use, click on the link below to sign up for your free account.

Sign Up for Your Free Dropbox Account

No comments:

Post a Comment