Monday, January 3, 2011

Productivity Tip # 2: Evernote

evernoteIf you are like me, you are constantly collecting ideas and information.  I used to have 3 x 5 cards and sticky notes all over the place.  Usually when I needed a note, it was somewhere else (the problem of having an office at the Seminary and one at home).  I ran across Evernote about three years ago.  It is a true cross-platform program.  I have it on all my computers (Windows), on my iPad, iPod Touch, and on my Blackberry (when I was using the Storm 2).  They also have the program for Android phones, Mac computers, and the web. 

What makes Evernote so great is that any note I create on any device will sync automatically through Wi-Fi or your mobile service.  It also allows me to have file folders and tags to organize my thoughts, take voice memos, photos, or even clips from webpages.  The uses are almost endless.

The basic service at Evernote is free.  Additional services (such as scanning documents, etc.) is available at a yearly rate.  I use it every day and have found the free service works well.

Stop forgetting and start organizing today!

Go to the Evernote Site

No comments:

Post a Comment